VIT is one of the foremost universities in India which imparts futuristic higher education and instils higher patterns of discipline through dedicated and qualified staff, thereby setting global standards in the field of education. VIT had carved a niche for itself by providing world class education, excellent infrastructural facilities and innovative methods in imparting teaching to students. It has introduced myriad co-curricular and extracurricular activities so as to encourage students to excel in various aspects. VIT Law School campus aspires to bring in high standards in imparting legal education and to produce students who will excel in their fields. Law programmes which have been approved by the Bar Council of India are offered in VIT Law School.
The B.A., LL.B (Hons.) and BBA, LL.B (Hons.) programme of VIT Law School offers the students to have a double degree consisting of B.A. and LL.B (Hons.). Instead of offering general Honours, both programmes of VIT Law School offers specialized Honours in different subjects from the 7th semester onwards. Choice is available to the students to select any one of the Honours group with minimum number of eight papers under the concerned group. The student who successfully completes the requirements will be awarded the degree of B.A. LL.B (Hons.). The mark lists from the VII semester will indicate his/her area of specialization. For e.g., if a student chooses Corporate Law as his/her Honours group, he/she will have to opt for a minimum 8 subjects in Corporate Law which will be taught from the 7th to 10th semesters. This will help students to have profound knowledge in a particular branch of law in juxtaposition with mastering of other law subjects.
- B.A. LL.B (Hons.) – 5 years integrated course
- BBA., LL.B (Hons.) – 5 years integrated course
- Fully Flexible Credit System – students can choose courses, slots and teachers
- Collaboration with foreign Universities for Semester Abroad Programme and Guest lectures delivered by the Professors in varied topics
- Classes handled by practicing lawyers and experienced Professors from India and Abroad;
- Weekly MOOT court sessions
- Higher Order Thinking Skill development and Practical Training
- Weekly Legalis Ratio
- Legal Aid Clinic for public with students participation
- Regular visits to live courts session
- Specialized laboratories for effective learning
The applicant should have completed plus two or equivalent from any recognized Board with a minimum of 70% aggregate marks.
The admission procedure is based on high scores in LSAT—India, CLAT, group discussion and an interview. The list of successful candidates will be determined on the basis of aggregate marks.
For further details please contact: 044 3993 1555 or Fax: 044 3993 2555 or www.vit.ac.in