- Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing distribution contracts and transactions; litigation and piracy matters relating to distribution of company channels.
- Building contract and compliance checklist and processes.
- Research and analysis of various policies, amendments, rules, consultation papers, notifications on TRAI interconnection regulations and distribution related matters
- Conduct Due Diligence of anti-piracy agencies, consultants and participate in the DD closure report, drafting and vetting of contracts, representation and warranties, indemnities. etc.
- Generally providing proactive and reactive legal & compliance advisory services on legal issues involving the company and group companies
- To identify and find ways to reduce legal risk by regular review of the company’s distribution related activities to ensure that they are in line with established policies, procedures and legal and compliance perspective
Desired Skills & Experience
- Good and sound knowledge and understanding of contract law, commercial law and litigation
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal supervision
- A good understanding and application of TRAI broadcasting and cable services inter-connect regulations, quality of services regulations, the Cable TV Act as amended and Rules thereunder, procedural laws such as CPC, CrPC, and also substantive laws such as IPC, and other economic offenses statutes. A reasonable understanding of Intellectual Property Laws such as the Copyright Act & Rules & the Trade Marks Act and rules, ISP, E-commerce, Digital Media, would be a plus
About Star India
Star India has defined India’s broadcast media for over two decades and is today one of the country’s leading media and entertainment companies.
Star India broadcasts more than 40 channels in 7 languages, reaching more than 600 million viewers every week across India and 100 other countries. The network’s channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel [V], Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India’s No. 1 General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna and Vijay.
Star India is a fully owned subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.